Last Updated: [12/3/2015]
Use of Information
- Communicate with you (including, without limitation, sending emails, notices of receipts as applicable, and other communications)
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you subscribe, we will send you e-mails regarding Harlem Business Alliance news and events.
- We may periodically send emails about events, surveys, products, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address you have provided.
Submitting Content to the Site
We may provide you with the opportunity to submit inquiries, suggestions, ideas, comments, feedback or other information or materials to us on or in connection with the Website (collectively, “User Content”). Any User Content will be considered non-proprietary, non-privileged and non-confidential, and you will not submit any User Content that is or contains anypersonal identifiable information, personal medical information or other information that may be proprietary, privileged, confidential or subject to any privacy laws or requirements, whether pertaining to you or any other person or entity.For example, without limitation, we may use your name and address to mail you a donation receipt or to direct your question or concern to one of our representatives. We may also use your User Content in aggregate form for internal business purposes, such as generating reports to our funders, generating statistics and developing marketing plans, or for the evaluation of our programs, our Website, or our Website usage. We may also use your User Content, in connection with online discussions or forums or for related purposes.WE MAY IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION INCLUDE AND OTHERWISE USE ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THE USER CONTENT YOU SUBMIT ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER MEDIA, DOCUMENTS AND MATERIALS, WHICH MAY BE PUBLISHED, DISTRIBUTED OR OTHERWISE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES.
By submitting any User Content, you hereby grant us a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, freely transferable and sub-licensable, unlimited right and license to use, reproduce, display, transmit, distribute, publish and otherwise disclose to third parties, edit, excerpt, adapt, modify, revise, create and own derivative works of, and otherwise exploit for any purpose whatsoever, any and all User Content in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed.If you submit User Content, regardless of the form of transmission (including via any functionality on the Website, email or other mode of communication), you represent and warrant that:
- i. you own the User Content and have personally and individually created it and otherwise have the rights to submit such User Content to us and grant the rights and licenses in this Section;
- ii. the exercise of any of the rights and licenses granted in this Section, whether by us or any of our transferees, assignees or sublicensees, does and will not infringe, misappropriate or otherwise violate the intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy or other rights of any person or entity or violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations;
- iii. the User Content does not constitute or contain software viruses, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam,” and it is true, accurate and not misleading, reliable and current in all respects; and
- iv. you irrevocably agree to these Terms (including this Section) with respect to the User Content.
You may not use a false identity or e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead us or other users as to the origin of any User ContentSecurity:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which has permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can modify its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to client needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note: This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Governing Law and Venue
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any conflict of law principles thereof that might lead to the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of, and venue in, the state and federal courts located in New York County, New York, with respect to any disputes arising out of or relating to your use of the Forum, and you hereby irrevocably waive all defense of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non-conveniens.