HBA's membership represents all facets of the business community and includes representatives from corporations, community and social organizations, entrepreneurs, banks, insurance and real estate brokers, internet specialists, government officials, educators, attorneys, accounting firms, advertising agencies, and retailers. As Harlem's strongest advocate for small, minority and women-owned businesses, HBA continues to grow from the financial support of its members and fundraising activities.
- Works with the Harlem community to enhance the quality of life
- Acts as a voice of business and catalyst for positive change and promotion of members
- Provides a forum for involvement in local issues
- Promotes economic development
- Assists in business expansion
The Power of Networking
Networking is an effective way of prospecting customers and seeking out people who can help your business grow. Throughout the year, HBA hosts several networking events, where you can meet potential clients, customers, suppliers and support systems.
- Holiday Party, Happy Hours, and Annual Members Cocktail Social
- Annual Awards Dinner & Gala
The Power of Business Development
Through a variety of innovative approaches, programs and services, HBA provides the foundation and opportunities for businesses, entrepreneurs and donors to achieve their goals of self-employment, effective growth, and self-reliance. HBA offers free small business counseling, business plan development and general assistance.
- Small Business Retention and Preservation Program
- Minority and Women Owned Business Certification Workshops
- Professional Development Workshops
The Power of Building Wealth
In collaboration with successful entrepreneurs, banks, real estate and financial professionals and coaches, HBA offers a systematic approach to help you keep more of your hard earned money and parlaying it into a lifetime of success and happiness.
- Harlem Business Innovation Summit
- HBA Loan Fund and Loan Packaging
- Financial Literacy Workshops